My name is Michael Pershan. I’m a math teacher and a writer. I grew up in Skokie, IL and have lived in NYC since 2010.
My writing has a bit of a split personality. My internet footprint is largely devoted to writing about education, but I also write other stuff like essays, humor pieces, funny-ish stories.
To give you a sense of how I spend my time, some of my recent writing includes:
- Teaching Math With Examples (John Catt Edu., 2020)
- A Time to Die (essay, Tablet Magazine)
- A Mathematical Number Trick (humor, Two Fifty One)
- What People Get Wrong About Memorizing Math Facts (mah blog)
- I Am Baby, Persecuted in City of New York (story, American Bystander)